Random thoughts while wondering which television network will have the balls (footballs, that is) to make Gisele Bundchen an NFL analyst.
* In case you are unaware (OK, and even if you’re not), the supermodel wife of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady took his teammates to task for not catching passes he threw in the Super Bowl XLVI loss Sunday (Feb. 5) to the New York Giants. Wonder how receptive Brady’s targets will be to becoming Gisele’s.
* In the wake of performer M.I.A. flipping her middle finger to the viewing audience during the Super Bowl halftime show Sunday, NBC issued an apology. Does NBC really think the folks who might be offended by M.I.A.’s finger were even viewing the halftime show? Or, if they were watching, were they even able to see it?
* Guess the message of M.I.A. sent was fairly simple: Super Bowl halftimes have gone from Up With People to “Up Yours, People!”
* Colts fans have to wonder whether New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning — who took home the Super Bowl MVP prize of a Corvette — will be foreshadowing of the Manning family leaving Indianapolis in its rear-view mirror.
Speaking of Eli, he appeared on Monday’s (Feb. 6) “Late Show” with David Letterman, an Indiana native and Colts fan concerned about Peyton Manning possibly playing elsewhere next season. Eli proved as elusive in answering Letterman’s question about Peyton as Eli was at avoiding defensive pressure against the Patiots.
Also from the “Late Show” — OK, not really. Cut from Monday’s programr:
Top Ten Things Overheard In The New England Patriots Locker Room After The Super Bowl
10.”Did we win?”
9.”What matters most is we had fun”
8.”We should have Tebowed”
7.”When’s game two?”
6.”President Bush is on the phone”
5.”We still get paid, right?”
4.”On the bright side, we still get to shower together”
3.”Why is Bill Belichick naked?”
2.”Who cares that we lost — I’m married to a supermodel” (Tom Brady only)
1.”Well, at least we don’t have to go on Letterman”
Some results of Super Bowl props, 2013 Super Bowl odds, odds on where quarterback Peyton Manning will end up — all from Bovada, (www.Bovada.lv, Twitter: @BovadaLV):
SPECIAL PROPS RESULTS SUPER BOWL XLVI
*National Anthem over 1 minute 34 seconds
* Kelly Clarkson wore “Anything else”
* Kelly Clarkson Belly was not showing
* Kelly Clarkson did not forget or omit a word
* Madonna’s Hair was blonde
* Madonna did wear fishnets
* Madonna did wear a hat
* Madonna did not wear an NFL Shirt or Jersey
* Peyton Manning was shown on TV under 3.5 times
* Giselle Bundchen was shown on TV over 0.5 times
* Andrew Luck was not mentioned at all
* Jim Irsay was not mentioned at all
* Mitt Romney was not shown
* Robert Kraft was shown over 3.5 times
* Tom Brady’s son was not shown at all so all wagers were refunded
* Gatorade shower was purple. Purple was not an option so all wagers were refunded
* MVP did not thank anyone
2013 SUPER BOWL XLVII ODDS
Green Bay Packers 6/1
New England Patriots 7/1
New Orleans Saints 8/1
Philadelphia Eagles 12/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 12/1
Houston Texans 12/1
Baltimore Ravens 14/1
New York Giants 15/1
San Diego Chargers 16/1
New York Jets 16/1
San Francisco 49ers 18/1
Dallas Cowboys 18/1
Detroit Lions 18/1
Atlanta Falcons 22/1
Chicago Bears 30/1
Arizona Cardinals 30/1
What Team Will Peyton Manning Be on for Game 1 of the 2013 Regular Season?
Arizona Cardinals 2/1
Washington Redskins 5/2
Miami Dolphins 3/1
New York Jets 7/2
Indianapolis Colts 7/1
“With Peyton Manning’s situation it has made setting next year’s Super Bowl odds very difficult and a reason you will see teams like Arizona and Miami at lower odds than what they would be in case Manning signs there, Bovada.lv Sportsbook manager Kevin Bradley said. “As for the Colts, even though there is a slim chance he stays, they are at 50-1 but if he does leave will shoot up to around 100-1 and if stays would drop down to around 15-1, just goes to show the importance of a guy like Peyton.”
If there was a bright side to the Giants winning — certainly for non-Giants folks — the Super Bowl, it had to be Maria Menounos paying off on a bet she made: to appear in a bikini in New York’s Times Square. She did so on “Extra,” the entertainment television program where she works alongside Mario Lopez.
As long as we’re still on the subject of the Super Bowl, we might as well go back to Sunday and the commercial featuring actress Betty White:
Advertising opportunities are available on elliottharris.com. For information and rates, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.